As this is the last day of 2013 I thought this post would be a list of some of the things that happened in my life in 2013.
- We had our first proper family holiday in February in Tasmania. Miss A experienced her first flights. She was fine on the planes, apart from having to be contained, which she doesn’t like to be at the best of times.
- Miss A started day care and loves it.
- I returned to work after maternity leave. Also for the first time in my working life I am working part-time and job-sharing. I am so lucky to have a very supportive manager and great co-workers and that has helped with this immensely.
- I realised I could never be a full-time stay at home mum. I need to work to keep my brain stimulated.
- I finished my Master of Information Architecture degree which I have been working on part-time through distance education since 2008.
- My gorgeous girl Miss A is growing up and developing so fast. From starting the year as crawling baby to ending it as a very active walking, talking toddler who is able to make some decisions for herself.
- I created my first real (non-work related) websites. This one and one for the Queensland Penny Farthing and Historical Cycle Club that Mr A is involved with.
- I have continued to develop the new friendships with the great group of mums and dads I met last year at mothers (parent’s) group.
- I have started learning more about myself, with the help of a counsellor.
So all thank you to all of my family and friends for their love, support and friendship in 2013 and I hope 2014 is a happy, safe, healthy, and prosperous year for all.